Friday, March 15, 2013

Color...

I love bright colors!
There, I said it, and it feels so good; the brighter... the better.
During my creative journey, I've always been driven towards the bright red and turquoise colors, happy yellows and marvelous purples, greens and fushias.
Color makes me happy, inspires me and makes me feel powerful.
That was my inspiration for this mixed media canvas:
For the background I used Dylusions Ink Sprays: Bubblegum Pink, Squeezed Orange, Pure Sunshine, Crushed Grape, Postbox Red and London Blue. For the letters I used a plastic stencil from a school supply. Added some shimmer with Perfect Pearls Mist: Blue Patina.
Then doodled a little with a black Sharpie and added small dots of white acrylic paint. Used Distress Ink ( Black Soot) around the border to finish it all.
I love this piece and can only wish that it brings some happiness to you.
I want to share this at:
Love,
Me

12 comments:

  1. Your card is just stunning. Hopped over from MIM. I am your newest follower!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh this is beautiful!!! I love so many colors! My "summer" canvas is going to use bright colors. I also love Dylusion inks and Dyan's stencils. I'm going to become a follower, and would love you to follow me too! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fibrant creation and thanks for inviting me to your blog and becoming an follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colours, i'd love to have a play at your house :) thanks for visiting from MIM. I had to return and see hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Dylusions colors you've used... some of my favorites, too! Your work is beautiful... I saw it over at MIM and came for a closer look. Am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Julia!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love what you have done with this masterpiece. I too love bold, bright colors! Have a fabulous week!! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops!! I forgot to mention that I saw your card on MIM!! Hugs, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. soooo vibrant and beautiful hun! hopped over from MIM - goooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. goooooooooorgeous hun! love, love LOVE the vibrant colours, hopped over from MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty, thanks for the comments from MIM...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I also like bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You're colors are great, so vibrant. I love color!

    Saw you over at Cuddlebug Cuties, thanks for sharing with us.

    God bless and have a grateful day,

    Anita aka Nit

    www.nitscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...