As part of our adventure at the Art Journal Book Club hosted at Irreversibly Moi, we are reading Art Journal Freedom: How to Journal Creatively With Color & Composition by Dina Wakely.
If you are in need of inspiration this is the book for you. It is divided in concepts and techniques; and of course art by Dina Wakely.
Our fist assignment was to create an art journal page following a challenge from Chapter 2.
I decided to make an asymmetric page using Grid Composition and Rule of Threes. Also used the Watercolor Spray Ink Background technique.
- Strathmore Visual Journal, Mixed Media, 90 lb
- Distress Ink Pads - Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Vintage Photo
- Dylusions Ink Spray - Vibrant Turquoise, After Midnight
- Archival Ink - Chrome Yellow
- Tim Holtz Tag
- Golden Gel Medium
- Golden White Gesso
- Golden Black Gesso
- Golden Fluid Acrylics - Titanium White, Hansa Yellow Medium, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Magenta
- Stencil - The Crafter's Workshop - Punchinella, Mini Branches
- Stencil - Artiscellar - Square Rose
- Krylon Workable Fixatif Spray (Clear)
- Sharpie Ultra Fine pen - Black
- Sakura Pigma Micron Pen (Black)
- Sakura Gelly Roll - White
- Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection Stamp Set - Wallpaper and Wood
- Cricut Die Cuts - Forever Young